Thank you for your interest in applying to the Atlanta English Institute!
AEI accepts those who meet its admission criteria:
1. Complete the application.
The application may be completed online, in person, or printed out from the internet and submitted by fax or mail. Please contact the school if you have any questions or you need application materials sent by mail or fax. The online application started by clicking here.
2. Make an Initial Payment
The Initial Payment depends on the course for which you are applying. It includes tuition for one eight week session plus the application fee, if applicable. Tutoring students must make payment for the minimum enrollment period. If you are applying for the Test Preparation , please note that students must test out of AEI’s seven (7) level Intensive English Program. Please refer to further prerequisites in Program and Courses.Payment may be made online by clicking here.
3. Schedule a placement test and orientation.
All students are required to take a placement test, and please refer to the orientation schedule in the main office. The test takes approximately one hour and a half and includes listening/speaking, grammar and writing. Results are usually available the next day. If there are any questions or concerns about level placement, students should schedule a meeting with the Dean of Students who will proceed according to the school policy.
The school is able to assist AEI students who have lost their student status (A student must
reinstate with the school where his/her file was terminated). The student must interview
with the school to explain the circumstances surrounding the loss of status. If the student’s
case is reasonable, the school will support an application for reinstatement.
1. Required documentation
• AEI application
• New I-20 from AEI
• Copies of I-20s and official transcripts from all previous schools
• Copies of visa and passport
• Original I-94
• Complete I-539 Form
• USCIS Filing GA (verify current fee)
• Sponsor’s letter (notarized)
• The loss of status must have been outside the control of the student.
• An application for reinstatement must be completed and received by the USCIS within five months of losing status.
• Time is of the essence. There can be no delay by the student in processing the application for reinstatement.
• Students are required to begin study at AEI immediately.
• Evidence of eligibility.
3. Please contact the school regarding specific criteria and procedure.
• You can contact the school by calling 770-455-9226 or 1-770-455-9226 or by emailing us here.
1. Required documentation:
• Application only.
2. In addition to the normal application, tutoring students need to complete a Tutoring Set-up Sheet indicating goals and preferred days and times.
3. Once the application, initial payment, and set-up sheet are received, the school will set up a tutor and tutoring schedule that meets the needs of each student. This normally takes two to three days, but sometimes longer if there are special requirements. The school will confirm the starting date by phone after all scheduling has been completed.To find out more about tutoring, click here and select the Tutoring tab.
The Atlanta English Institute (AEI) is certified by the Federal Government to enroll non-immigrant students. That is, AEI is able to issue SEVIS I-20s. (ATL214F01554000)General Procedure